Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Waiting for the Redwoods...

A recent drawing inspired by a National Geographic documentary called "Climbing Redwood Giants."
I've never seen them and now feel even more compelled to gaze upon them with my own two eyes.


"Redwood." 
Graphite and colored pencil.



Recently, I also went to a NASA lecture at a local bar here in B-town. I have never really payed too much attention to science in space and more to things taking place here. But really, they go hand in hand. 
The true awesomeness of space... the grand scale... it puts a great deal into perspective for me. 
I enjoy feeling so small. Nature has a way of doing that.


2 comments:

Shayla said...

please tell me you have an Etsy store. Your artwork is so damn amazing.

XOXO,
Shayla

Jessica McCourt said...

I do, but at the moment, I don't have anything in the shop. I will be putting some things up later this week! Thanks so much!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vonsplithoof?ref=pr_shop


-Jess